My photo
just a blog of my poetry, hoping top get it out there a little :) into anything literature, music, film or art related..

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Doubt

Beauty
is only my idea of beauty
Lovely man and lovely man
my ideas shift as some dark moon
Unfurling with me, shoulders back
and back arched and jaw unhinging

Spool of universe.
Cyclically I am taken
to find myself with my hair hauled
back
Walking home, or sat as bright chap
in class;
or where we etch out our youth
being earthen and gold dashed
Over cathedral, park and riverbank.
Dashing around with gold water,
gold fire every week dead.
Sky-locked, I would no
longer replace this with innumerable
lights.
The body is moulded back
into something like a pious swan
and doubt makes the
black moon heave itself from my chest.

Hacked with knuckles and beaks
from tying it to the tide
and that lovely man before.
My sky is full of you, cruel moon
now I can’t stop hoarding space all around me
and questioning everything.

Stasis
this is only my idea of stasis
birthing my old night
now and then from an erratic
space within me

lovely man and lovely man
moon I’ll keep looking then.

1 comment:

  1. Hello there, it's Dia from Booksie, I've stalked you all the way to over here. So, pretty much as beautiful as ever. Loved the repetition and the clarity of emotion. I have a selfish reason for coming here though, I beg you back to Booksie, it's not so bad there, you know ;) And we could use the likes of your brilliance. Best of luck in whatever you choose, I'll continue my adoration of you here nonetheless. :)

    ReplyDelete